Topique-eau des Cimes
- Jardin des Cimes et l'entreprise Champs des Cimes association
- Isabelle Daëron
Le Jardin des Cimes is a 2.5-hectare public garden located near Sallanches in France’s Haute-Savoie region. The curated walk through the garden teaches visitors about the flora and fauna in mountainous regions. The mountainside garden provided the perfect venue for a project such as a residency to design an irrigation system.
Tropique-eau des Cimes is a local rainwater network that was used to irrigate a vegetable garden located at the bottom of Le Jardin des Cimes. Seamlessly incorporated into the landscape, the system takes advantage of the steep downslope to perform the four phases of rainwater harvesting, diverting the water and then distributing it in the garden.
- 5 000 €
- 5 months of achievement
- Plateau d'Assy, Haute-Savoie, France
- Chloé Heyraud (artistic consulting and coordination)
- l'Office Départemental d'Action Culturelle of Haute-Savoie (ODAC)
- General council of Haute-Savoie
- The town of Passy
- les Ateliers Quechua at Sallanches