Le Blé en Herbe School
- As part of Fondation de France’s “Nouveaux Commanditaires” programme
- Matali Crasset
French designer Matali Crasset has embarked on a project to renovate and expand Le Blé en Herbe School, with the aim of breathing fresh life into the tiny village of Trébédan, in Brittany.
The artistic project was commissioned as part of Fondation de France’s “Nouveaux Commanditaires” programme by Eternal Network, a group of patrons seeking to “bring attention to and strengthen the social and cultural role of the school” within the community. To achieve this goal, Matali Crasset proposed a plan to renovate the faculty room and open the school to the rest of the village by adding community spaces and micro-architectural structures called “Extensions of Generosity” nearby the school. A remarkably innovative project.
Currently underway, the Blé en Herbe School project embodies an outstanding educational, social and ecological approach.
- Undisclosed budget
- 2007 – 2015
- Le Centquatre, Rue Curial, Paris, France
- Fondation Daniel and Nina Carasse
- Department council of Côtes d’Armor
- The ministry of Culture and Communication
- The ministry of overseas and its territorial collectivity
- The Bretagne region et its divice ECO-FAUR